The Newthorpe Medical Centre, Harvest Road, Eastwood, Nottingham, NG16 3HUTel: 01773 535511
Please click on the link below for information sharing your medical records:
Sharing your Medical Records
Test Results Test results will be available to you by telephone. Please telephone the practice for results after 11am. We will always contact you if further action is needed following receipt of your test results.
Out of Hours For an illness that cannot wait until the surgery is open please telephone our usual daytime surgery number, 01773 535511, when your call will be redirected to the out-of-hours service. Your needs will be assessed and you will either be given advice or arrangements will be made for you to see a healthcare professional.
Are you aware that rather than having to make an appointment with your GP, you can visit the pharmacy for minor ailments such as insect bites and stings, coughs, colds, tummy upsets, sunburn and many more minor ailments?
Cancelling your Appointment If you are unable to attend an appointment with one of the doctors or nurses, please telephone or use the link at the bottom of this page to cancel your appointment.
If you would like to take part in the Patient Reference Group Meetings and be involved in decisions being discussed regarding your surgery, please complete the application form which can be found by clicking on the link below. Once completed, please hand this to one of the Reception Team. We would really welcome your involvement.
PPG Application Form
5:30 - 6:15
Minutes from the Patient Participation Group Meetings
24 September 2014
Minutes 24 September 2014.docx
12 November 2014
Minutes of the PPG Meeting 12 November 2014.doc
28th January 2015
Minutes of PPG Meeting 28 january 2015
25th March 2015
Minutes from March 2015
11 November 2016
People's Council Meetings are held monthly at Gedling Civic Centre and anyone is welcome to attend. The next meeting is:
Agenda 27 Oct
Minutes from meeting 22 September
Mastering Shared Decision Making
NNE CCG Primary Care Strategy draft
NNE CCG Partners in Health Charter
Newthorpe Medical Practice
Patients’ Participation Group Terms of Reference
To promote an excellent quality of experience for the patients at Newthorpe Medical Practice through developing an effective patient voice.
1. To enhance communications between patients and staff in the Practice by:
a. receiving, recording and reporting patient views and comments
b. receiving, recording and reporting Practice views and strategies
2. To support the Practice through feedback and discussion so that they are better able to deliver:
a. an appropriate environment for patients’ needs
b. an empathetic approach to dealing with patients
c. efficient systems of working.
3. To liaise with other relevant organisations.
1. The members will elect the Chairman and Secretary every two years.
2. The membership complement of the group is maximum 16 plus 2 staff ex officio representatives
3. Registered patients may propose themselves or other registered patients for membership.
4. If more than16 are proposed, they will be selected giving due regard to the patient demographic at Newthorpe Medical Practice
5. Vacancies will be advertised on the Practice website and in the Surgery and selection will take place at the next meeting of the PPG.
6. A member who does not attend for six months without appropriate apologies will be deemed to have resigned and will be replaced at the following meeting.
1. We particularly welcome registered patients who can legitimately represent minority groups, including older citizens, young people, ethnic minorities, single parents and those with disability or chronic illness. They offer special insights into the needs and aspirations of our patients.
2. We are committed to nurturing members of the group in terms of sharing the skills and competencies needed to enable them to play a full role in the leadership and management of the group.
1. The group will meet bi-monthly.
2. Meetings are open. Any patient wishing to attend as a patient observer, or as a presenter, should ask at Reception for an invitation at least four days beforehand.
3. An elected secretary/volunteer will take notes of the meeting.
4. The Chairman:
· will agree the minutes taken during the meeting;
· will retain a copy of the minutes;
· will agree the final agenda and any reports at least two working days before the meeting.
· will ensure that the most recent agendas and minutes are published on a noticeboard in the Surgery and also on the Practice website.
5. The Secretary:
· take notes of the meeting and send to the Chairman for approval;
· circulate the minutes of the meeting to members of the group and post a copy of the minutes and agenda on the surgery website and on the surgery noticeboard;
· will email a suggested agenda to members with a request for any other agenda items or reports at least one week prior to the meeting;
· will display results of the any surveys/questionnaires on the website and on the surgery noticeboard.
6. A meeting shall be deemed quorate if at least 6 members are present.
7. Any member can call an extraordinary meeting by contacting the Chairman or Secretary.
Copyright 2006 - 2019 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's